1.01.2009

Happy New Year, right?

I need to stop giving people so many chances. That's bold. That's true. I let everyone else drive the metaphorical car that belongs to my life and I always sit in the passenger seat. I let them control the music, the air, the lights, the windshield wipers, everything. I need to drive it myself and only let people ride with me when I want to. As much as I love having those "passengers" - those passengers either end up being backseat drivers or passenger seat drivers...and I let them be. Maybe I just need to get in that car and drive around by myself...just drive to nowhere. No, drive to a boat launch, but one really far away.



Maybe I need to not drive for a while. Maybe I should just stay where I am every once in a while. As much as I love that drive and those passengers, I need to know how to be happy when I'm not driving. I always need to be driving that car. I always need to be in that car. I always need to be with those passengers. I forgot how to live my life with no passengers, no ride, no car.



That's one of my New Year's resoultions - forget about the car. Forget about the accomodations. And remember how to be happy without them.



xoxo DannDann

No comments: