11.17.2008

Those Who Don't Try Never Look Foolish

I love being an idiot. No sarcasm. Well, not an idiot as in not knowing how to spell schedule, but an idiot as an running down the halls, screaming, arms flailing around in the air, because your friends just scared the shit out of you. I love being that kind of an idiot. It's okay to look stupid. I hate when people don't speak or act the way they want to because they don't want to look stupid. So the fuck what? Who cares if you looks stupid? If you fall - you look stupid. Laugh at yourself.

I love when people can laugh at themselves. That's one of the main rules of being friends with me. Be able to laugh at yourself. I will make fun of you. You will make fun of me. We will laugh about it. I know that I'm an idiot when I'm screaming about the goddamn roach in my room, but I'm laughing at myself no matter how aggravated I am. I wish more people would do that. I wish you all knew Dana and Jen. I think they are becoming my best friends here. They are so much fucking fun. That's one of the biggest things that you have to be able to do when you become friends with them. We make fun of each other constantly and I wouldn't have it any other way. We can be stupid and silly and idiotic and loud and dumb and sarcastic and mean and laughing and perfect. I love having friends who laugh all the time and who make me laugh all the time as well.

Relation to the title: Don't be afraid to look stupid. You will either look stupid for trying and failing or you will look stupid for not trying because you were afraid to fail. Try new things. Take chances. Say what you feel. Forgive someone. Get your point across. Skip class. Don't regret what you do. Think before you talk. Love till it hurts. Cry till it feels better. Try. Try whatever you want to try whether it's something as simple as sewing or something as big as college. Just try. You will inevitably end up looking foolish when you make a mistake, but at least you would have done something you wanted to do. It's okay to be stupid. It's okay to be an idiot. It's okay to be foolish. It's okay.

Try something new.

xoxo DannDann

No comments: